Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distinctive ring as a different line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanComm

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2003
US
I'm working on a customer tomorrow that uses distinctive ring on a CICS 6.1. Distinctive ring is new to me on a CICS, can I get it to appear as a separate line with different attributes, or only ring "distinctively" on the phones that are set up for that CO?

He'd like the distinctive number to ring only on his "private" phone, but continue to have the other (original) number ring everywhere.

thanks!

when you program one of the 4 ring patterns into the trunk/line from the distinctive ring you make calls coming in on that line ring under the new pattern on any phone that is set to appear/ring or ring under the terminals&sets->line access->line assignment portion of programming. If you have multiple lines that appear on one phone such as a receptionists phone you can make some lines with different rings that need to be answered differently by the receptionist.

in your case you only need to go to the private line and set the distinctive ring pattern.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back