Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distinct Count With Multiple Qualifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohioste

Technical User
Apr 21, 2009
US
First time posting over in the Office thread. I'm a Crystal guy through and through, but the company is moving directions with reporting and dragging me with them!

I've written a SQL refreshable query in a tab called "Data Pull". Within this tab, there are multiple reports be refreshed.

I have two reports that I've linked together with a vlookup.

One is an order information report and the other is a location of that order. An order for us could be a tote or carton. I want to be able to report how many "vessels"(totes and cartons) are in a given place at the time of refresh. For a tote, there could be more than one carton in the order information report that I spoke above about.

The information will look like this:

Tote # MHE Translated
Tote 1 TWR1EXT2
Tote 1 TWR1EXT2
Tote 1 TWR1EXT2
Tote 2 Location B
Tote 2 Location B
Carton 1 TWR1EXT2

My formula looks like: =SUM(IF("TWR1EXT2"=Table_ExternalData_4[MHE Translated], 1/(COUNTIFS(Table_ExternalData_4[MHE Translated], "TWR1EXT2",Table_ExternalData_4[TOTE_'#],Table_ExternalData_4[TOTE_'#])), 0))

It is an array.

The end result should be 2. It could be counting tote 1 and carton 1.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

hi,

I would use MS Query to return the Distinct count of these two columns'

You might also check thread68-1749025 to see a discussion regarding a failed/or not, spreadsheet solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back