Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distibuted Transaction Coordinator Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

soloman78

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2012
ET
thread737-1167999
Hi all,

I have a cluster consisting of 3 nodes on windows 20003 R2 server operating system with a shared SAN storage architecture.
and one of the node OS has been crushed and managed to install a fresh copy of the same version windows 2003 R2 and the node is back available on the cluster.

Then when i tried to move the MSTDC group to this node only the Distributed Transaction Coordinator resource can't bring online though the Disk, MSTDC IP address and MSTDC Network name are online.

I have seen the eventvwr but i couldn't get any informative error code which specifically related to that resource failure on except the following:-

'The crypto checkpoint for cluster resource 'Distributed Transaction Coordinator' could not be restored to the container name 'f6b75ce4-b66c-468b-85d3-40533e3ddd90'. The resource may not function correctly.'

thanks in advance and will be waiting your earliest answer.

Can other disks from the same storage device be brought up on that new node of the cluster? Or has the disk for MSDTC been permitted for the new node on the storage device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back