Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distant trigger file

Status
Not open for further replies.

jopic

Programmer
May 17, 2004
FR
Hi,

Does someone know whether a map can be "watching" its trigger file on a distant server?

I would like to get/store/send data files on a different server than Mercator application server.

Yes you can but if it's a windows setup the remote server needs to be in the same domain as the user the event server is running under and have that user on it.

Thx janhes,

I am working on a HP-UX sever, then it should be fine.

Could you tell me how you do that?

Do you need a special adapter for the input card?
Or do you have to use the file adapter in the input card, but set up with specific parameters (example?)?

Many Thx

Just use the full path in the file adapter if you want to access files.

The data file must be either on a complete UNC path or on an (NFS) mounted drive where you can have the full path in the source field. You also need the correct permissions if the source trigger is set to delete the file on success or commit on failure. Also, you can loose connectivity and have some other problems is the file is large. It will have to cross the network to be mapped.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back