Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

distant rollovers within frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawfish

Technical User
Apr 21, 2002
GB
Got a web-design question for you! I may have to use frames in part of my site, maybe all of it - i've been trying to avoid it but I think it might be the best way to do certain parts but...

I have some remote rollovers on the main pages which I would like to keep but if i redo the interface within frames I will then need to create them as 'distant' rollovers where the 'sensor' and the target image are in different frames?

I've found plug-ins for GoLive that will create these 'Distant Rollovers', but they cost money and i don't want to buy them unless i really have to. Does Dreamweaver have such a facility or any free extensions to achieve it?

I have Dreamweaver but it'll take me ages to figure it out and i thought you might know?

I suggest dreamweaver's layer method as you can hide the layers and only showthem on mouseover of another image or text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back