Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distance learning? Quality or no quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcomputer

Technical User
Dec 6, 2002
US
HI,

I have been researching a school for a while now, and I like what I see. Now this is an "on campus" school with a distance education option. Since I dont live in that area, do you think the education would still be of quality? I have noticed that ITT tech has degree programs online and so does several state universities.

I think that someone who is critical of distance learning although the schools are actually "on campus" is going to far. School is school to me and I never could afford anything outrageous anyways.

Please let me know what your opinion is on this matter.

tpinky

Hi tpinky,

I currently teach online classes at 2 schools.
To be honest, I'd say that the quality of the education depends on the schools. There are some, that don't provide a quality education in my opinion. From what I have observed, schools that have an on-ground component, often have beter online courses. Should you decide to go this route, spend a great deal of time checking out the school.

Indera

Guys you all ask the same question! Check this place, I had one certification with them, very satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back