Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dissimilar displays in I.E. with the same resolution...... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnfdutcher

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
US
I have a website ( built with HTML, DHTML, Python. When I view a particular page with my desktop at work (Dell, Win 2000 XP) with 800 x 600 resolution or with my personal laptop (Compaq, Win 2000 Pro)
with the same resolution, the 'spacing' of a particular table (<td>) line of output is similar.
When I access the same page using my home desktop, also set at 800 x 600 resolution (Win 98, also runnning I.E.), the line is 'squeezed' and 'narrower' in relation to other lines in the table.
The line contains several 'spacer' images...(1-pixel file
modified with parameter value to achieve a certain 'width', to evenly space input boxes in the line). Is there some reason why this spacing approach should appear differently on the one computer...even with equal resolution ???

Are you using exactly the same &quot;build&quot; of IE on both machines?

I don't just mean IE 5 or IE 6, I mean the exact revision.

For instance the version I am using right now is...

6.0.2800.1106.xpsp.030422-163

I noticed annoying differences between Win98/IE6 and WinXP/IE6.

But worse, I found differences between WinXP/IE6 and WinXP/HTA (on the same machine = exact same mshtml.dll)!!

Complained to MS about it but they never replied :(

----------
I'm willing to trade custom scripts for... [see profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back