Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying zero's in group footer summary and count fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaysadey

Programmer
Jun 10, 2003
US
I am selecting records of vendors who belong to a category between two dates. I am grouping vendors by their name and I am suppressing the details of their records and making displaying running totals and summary fields in the group footer. It works fine. But I would like display zero's for counts and summaries if there are no details available for that vendor in that period.

Is there a way to display zero's in summary fields in group foooter if no details are available.

I am selecting the records based on this formula
{PORel.DueDate} in {?Beg Date} to {?End Date} and {Vendor.GroupCode} in {?Vendor Type}

Thanks in advance for your replies

-Ajay

If no details are available, then you don't have that group.

If you want to show all Vendors names, use a left outer from the Vendor table to whatever other tables you're using.

If you're only using one table, add in the table a second time (it will get aliased), and do a Left outer to itself.

You've posted nothing technical, so it's hard to assist you further, in future posts, please include:

Crystal version
Database/connectivity used
Example data
Expected Output

-k

Thanks for your response. I still need help. I am using Cr 8.5.216. Database connectivity: ODBC to Progress 9.1D using Merant 32-bit SQL 92 driver. I dont know if I have choice in setting outer join or equal join. I just link them based on the indexes and primary keys available in the data dictionary.

Sample Expected Results:
Vendor_Name Late% Early% Total Early Late
name1 33.3 66.6 9 6 3
name2 25.0 75.0 12 8 4
name3 0.0 0.0 0 0 0

In the present report line 3 does not show up if the vendor did not have any POs during the date range.

The report is based on details in the group. Report is grouped on Vendor_Name. These lines are group footers based on details which are suppressed. The totals, early, late are running totals. Late% and Early% are formulas based on the running totals.

How can I show the 0.0 in the footers totals if there are no group details.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Follow Synapsevampire's advice,
If you want to show all Vendors names, use a left outer from the Vendor table to whatever other tables you're using.
I'd do it as a separate subreport in the report footer, on the grounds that the method is easy to get working, even if it is wasteful of resources.

As for links, select [Visual Linking Expert] under [Datebase}. Right-click on a link for Options, or select and choose the [Link Options] button. Crystal Help should tell you what the names mean.

Madawc Williams (East Anglia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back