Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying time/date on phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk1053

Technical User
May 24, 2001
GB
Can someone tell me why date and time aren't showing on some 6408d/8410d phones. Also on the 8410d phones are only showing the caller id and number for about 3 seconds before disappearing. The 6408ds are fine in this respect.

Thanks

you can add a softkey date-time on your 6408D+
when you press that softkey button you will see
the date and time, when you leave the softkey menu
you will see continuous your date and time.

it is not possible on a 8410D

Greets, Bob

Thanks Bob! do you know why caller id and display for an incoming call only stay on the 8410d phone display for a short while?

About the date/time on 6400 phones. If it doesn't come up. There are a few things you can try.

1) Busy/Release the station. This tends to always jump start it.
2) Unplug/Replug phone in jack. This is another way to kind of boost the phone.
3) Try using a RJ-48 cord instead of an RJ-11. This isn't a guaranteed fix, but it has worked for me in the past.

Hope that helps.

sk1053,

about your problem of names and calling-id dissapearing after a couple of second, I think this is the problem:
(sounds pretty stupid but is usually the problem:)
If your softkey-buttons (menu in display) are empty and the softkey-menu is still active, the screan will appear empty but will actually still be in the menu. Just check this and ask your users to exit the menu.
Hope this helps!

Rgds,

MaartenC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back