Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying sub-reports in a gridded layout 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj27

Programmer
Mar 16, 2010
US
I have a series of subreports within a main report. (CR version: XI). The subreports are arranged in a horizontal sequence. Since they are in a group on the main report, the output for each will span several lines depending on the number of records in that group.

I would simply like to display all the subreports in a gridded/tabular format. I have tried placing a box around them, but the box only appears on the first line and is never repeated. I have tried placing borders around the individual subreports, but the boxes appear mis-aligned even though I've set the height for all sub-reports to be equal.

Is there a way to just put the out in a simple table format?

Thanks

No, but I have done something similiar by using boxes and lines. The trick is to get the bottom of the boxes (and/or lines) to extend into the group footer. It took a lot of trial and error on my part.

I hope this helps.

In what section are you placing the subreports? You could try creating a grid with lines in a page header section that has been stretched to page length, and then format it to "underlay following sections".

-LB

Thanks kray - I've started experimenting with lines/boxes.

lbass - I'm putting the subreports in a group header. (There are two groupings on the report, one within the other, so I'm putting them on the second group).

Two questions - is the "grid" an actual visual object, or is it boxes with lines that need to be manually drawn out. Secondly, I tried creating a box on the page header and formatting it. The only choices I have are: "Extend to bottom of section when printing", "Supress", "Read-only", "Repeat on horizontal lines", or "Lock Position and size".

Thanks.

You could use all lines or a combination of boxes and lines, but basically you are drawing the grid, yes.

I meant for you to format the page header section to underlay following sections--after stretching the page header to be almost page size (large enough to overlay the displayed main report sections).

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back