Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying Specific records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buca

Programmer
Feb 16, 2002
GB
hi,
I'm having trouble trying to display records from my Access Database. What i have is two tables: T-table and S-table. When a teacher logins in, the information enter is validated against that stored in the T-table. At the moment,once validated the teacher can view all records which are stored in the S-table. However,what i want is that the teacher is only able to view the records for their own students,i.e if the teacher's class name is 1a then only students from class 1a will be retrieved. I've tried Select * FROM S-table WHERE ClassName ="1a"
but it won't work for me.
I would be so grateful if anyone could she light on the situation for me.
Cheers

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking Nagrom. Are you asking what is the data type of each field in my two tables? If so, the name,password and class name of T-table are all text. The ClassName field of S-table is also a text field.
Thank you for replying because I'm still no closer to solving it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back