Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying percentages in graph data tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLanc

Technical User
May 21, 2003
US
I am generating line grpahs in a series of access reports. These graphs need to display the data tables as well. The problem I am having is that I cannot set the data table to display it's values as percentages. The values display as percentages in the underlying table.

Any ideas?

Can you display the data table as a subreport on the main report containing the graph? The subreport would have a record source similar to the graph's Row Source property. You could easily format the subreport controls anyway you want.

Duane
MS Access MVP

charting is honked up in access.

try some form of this:

force the format to appear as you want it with something like this (sub your field name for '[data]':

cstr(" "&format([data],"0%"))

this will force the data to be a string, so the graph application won't take it upon itself to manipulate it into what it thinks you think you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back