Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying panel using IKJEFT01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anks

Programmer
Apr 17, 2002
US

I want to display panel by using DISPLAY PANEL command in a REXX. The REXX is run by utility IKJEFT01 as a step in JCL.
While issuing the display command, the error i am encountering is:-

>>> "DISPLAY PANEL(SCREEN2)"
IKJ56500I COMMAND DISPLAY NOT FOUND
+++ RC(-3) +++

Is it possible what i am doing?
What could be the possible reason for the error?
Please give me any sample code of the Rexx for the solution if possible. Please reply if problem is not clear.

Thanx

Anks

Anks,

You get a '-3' return code when you try to execute a command which is unknown to the environment you are currently running in.

The default environment is TSO, so all commands in quotes are treated as TSO commands. You change (or query) the environment by using the ADDRESS instruction.

The command you are trying to run (DISPLAY) is an ISPF command, not a TSO command. You will need to do an 'address ISPEXEC' before issuing the DISPLAY, so that the command in processed by the correct environment.

There are a couple of ways to do this; here is one...
address ISPEXEC "DISPLAY PANEL(SCREEN2)"

Give it a try.

Cheers,
Dave.

RC-3 is an invalid environment. To use ISPF services you have to startup ISPF. Your JCL has to have all dd statements for ispf
-tables
-panels
-profile pool

To start your application you have to code:

//SYSTSIN DD *
ispstart cmd(your-initial-rexx)

have a nice day
Heinz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor