Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying Non-ASCII Fonts in Access and DBGrids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linguist

Technical User
Jul 11, 2000
US
I have a frustrating problem and wonder if anyone has had a similar experience and could share a possible solution.

Background: I recently created an Access database or dictionary for English and Slovenian translation. In Slovenian there are several characters (diacritics) that require the appropriate font to display properly.

Problem: In MS Access all the characters display correctly, but when the database is diplayed in a DBGrid, some of the diacritic characters do not display as they should, even though the font Property for both the data control and the DBGrid control is set to the same font as in the Access database.

Question: Any suggestions? Especially from those of you overseas that deal with non-ASCII or non-ASCII character sets.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Don't know if this will help, but try and change the computers language settings.
Try and migrate the app to unicode characters.

Good Luck (I fear you will need it... :)
-Mats Hulten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back