Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying Html using VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtek13

Programmer
Aug 23, 2001
CA
Hi,
I am trying to create a small HTML editor but the problem i dont know wich control i have to use to convert a text to html, means i want to displaythe equivalent of a text entred into a window.

Thanx

Does it have to be real-time? Or were you thinking of a button entitled "Preview"?

Howabout just save the HTML to a file in the TEMP folder then use ShellExecute or similar to open the temporary file in the user's default browser? This is how most HTML editors do it. [Thanks in advance|Hope I helped you]
Exodus300
[pc3]

Right on, Exodus... that was going to be my suggestion. As long as you don't need to see it in real-time, just open a file, store your html, close it, then do a browser.navigate to that file... should work fine!

Ben

We are using the webbrowser control, vb5prgrmr... but what data are you going to feed to the control? It has to be saved in a file first; then you can use the control to view it.

Well, if you search this site you will see several examples of where you do not need to create a file and then point the WB to it. I'll give you a hint... search for &quot;webbrowser <html>&quot;.

Good Luck

>It has to be saved in a file first

Just to back up vb5prgrmr: no, it doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back