Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying full name in 'from field'?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2002
US
Running lotus domino 5.09....when a user sends an email...the from field (not the field where u put the actual email address)that is displayed in an email client shows the user's email address instead of the user's full name. Is there somewhere I can make a change so that the person's full name is displayed instead of their email address. Thanks in advance for any help :).

You should look under 'Tools --> Preferences --> This mail file belongs to' within the mail database. Here the full Notes hierarchical name should be listed and not the email-address. Hope this helps... :)

Are you connecting/sending mail through a Domino server?

If so, do you have a Global Domain document set up?

In the Blobal Domain document for your company, switch to the Conversions tab.

There is a field there that says Address Format. You can change this to "name and address".

Jess :)

Thanks for the responses all. Kendertaunt, mail is being sent and received through a domino server (5.09). Can you tell me where this global domain document would be located? Thank you.

Yes, it would be located in the Address book. If you don't have a Domino Administrator client, open up the NAB. Expand Servers, and there should be a section labeled "domains".

In there, you'll see it if you have one.

Jess :)

you also want to check the configuration document for your mail server in the server-configurations view in the name and address book, look for the mime settings, there's a tab for advanced outbound settings, set the RFC822 phrase handling field to Use CN as phrase
Woonjas
IRC: #notes on EFNet

I have changed the global document as stated above but it still sends as my email address???

Anything else i can try??

I tried both suggestions and its still sending the email addy instead of name. Does the server require a restart?

I am having the exact same issue.

Please post if you resolve this and I will be sure to do the same.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back