Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying Foreign characters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorlandDave

Programmer
Jun 13, 2005
GB
...in this case Turkish!

I have installed the Turkish character set on my UK computer and am able to type the full Turkish alphabet into notepad.

However, when I try to type the same thing into an EditBox in my Borland C++ Builder program the characters don't come out the same. I can copy and paste this back into notepad, but the characters remain incorrect.

If I copy and paste the correctly displayed characters from notepad into my EditBox, they lose some of the accents, but are different to when I type them directly.

Could anyone shed any light on this?

My above post details results when using Windows 2000. I repeated the tests in Windows XP and there are a few differences.

The Turkish characters still type correctly into notepad and incorrectly into the EditBox the same as Win2k. But, if I copy and paste the text between the two, the results are always correct in notepad and incorrect in the EditBox.

So this seems to be a Borland display problem.

turkishjpegpm4.jpg

Notice the 'U', 'O' and 'C' are displayed correctly despite the accents. The other 3 characters are just completely wrong!

Have you tried changing the font in Edit box?
may be default one just had no such letters.
sorry no other ideas.

I've just revisited this and I've managed to fix it by changing the "Font->Charset" attribute of my controls from DEFAULT_CHARSET to TURKISH_CHARSET.

So, without setting the Charset attribute of each item on my forms individually (there are about 2000), is there a way of setting them all at once?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back