Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying field color in MS Reporting Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

globalbear

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2004
SE
I am trying to make a MS RS report in Visual Studio.

I have a table with different fields. I can refer to these fields with this syntax:

=ReportItems!Textbox1.value

This will give me the same value as I have in Textbox1.

Now to my problems: how do I get something else out of Texbox1 rather than the value - say the color for example? I would like to write something like

=ReportItems!Texbox1.color

But this doesn't work - how should I do this?

will the colour of textbox1 change ?
if not, just set the colour rather than trying to pick it up from elesewhere.

If you have to do this, you will probably need to write some code...

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

It's not the color I'm really after... That's just an example. I'm looking for the properties of the textbox of which color is one, font another, text alignment a third etc etc.

I want to display the value of one of the textbox properties in one way or the other - got any ideas?

As I said before - code

You should be able to write a UDF (User Defined Function) in the code window to do this but in all honesty....why?

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back