Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying details on mouse rollover

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddyyikes

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2004
US
Hi,
I have an Excel / HTML file which contains the summary pertaining to a ticket , for instance

Log No. Location Time
12345 Charlotte 10:30 a.m.
23456 xxx xxx

The above information is stored as an Excel spreadsheet and housed as an html document on the homepage of the corporate intranet. Any modifications to the Excel file are consequently reflected in the HTML version of the same on the website.
I also have another Excel spreadsheet containing the following information:

Log No. Details
12345 abc
23456 def

I need to show the details pertaining to the given log no. on the homepage within a tooltip when i hover my mouse over the summary report on the web page for the related log no. Is there an easy way to do the same? Please let me know of your response as it is highly urgent. Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Maddy,

Is the detail available to the homepage? How do you have it stored? If it's not available, then you will need to make it so.

If it is available, then using any generic tooltip script should be fairly easy. There are loads here:

Or if you need something a bit more tailored, you could post your client-side page code (or a URL to it) for further help.

Hope this helps,
Dan

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back