Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying Data on a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

sswedeen

Technical User
Dec 6, 2005
US
I think this is a Dlookup function, But I'm having difficulty solving this one.
I have a customers who are assigned different pricing catagories. Some customers have more than one pricing cat. I want to display on the customers form, the pricing catagories that customer has been assigned. I don't want a subform. I was hoping to use an unbound textbox or label, and writing a Dlookup function expression for this. But have had difficulty getting the syntax for it.

First am I right in assuming I need to use a Dlookup function for this issue?
Second what are the details for the dlookup syn.
Any Ideas?

Hi there! Need to know where your pricing cat field resides - what table it's in, its data type, its control type (textbox, combobox etc).

Need input [smile]

Tom

Live once die twice; live twice die once.

How are ya sswedeen . . .
sswedeen said:
[blue]First am I right in assuming I need to use a Dlookup function for this issue?[/blue]
No! . . . Reason being [blue]its your intent to gather more than one value/customer.[/blue]

A ListBox with the right query would be an option. The criteria of the query would involve a field from the customers table (usually the pk).

[blue]Your thoughts?[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back