Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying Data in Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ja01

Technical User
Dec 14, 2005
US
I am using crystal 8.5 (have access to cr 9 and 10). Here is a description of a report I am trying to do:
Name Name Type
John Smith preferred
John L Smith formal
Address Address Type
1313 S Street Miami Fl Preferred
125 T Street Washington Former
Education
1956 Miami Univ
1972 Florida Intl

Essentially, I want to display all data for the name in section1, then Address in section 2 etc Crystal attempts to display each instance of data in groups

Name
Address
Education
Name
Address
Education
I do not want the data displayed that way.
My question is will I need subreports for each section or is there another way. Also would this work better using crystal 9 or 10 as opposed to crystal 8.5??

Hi,
Try inserting a second ( or more) details group - not sure about 8.5 but in 10 you would right-click on the left ( grey) section of the Details section and choose 'Insert Section Below'..

Place
Name stuff in first, address stuff in second..etc

( Add more as needed )..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I think you would have to use subreports, although you could experiment with three separate crosstabs, one for name, one for address, one for education in a group footer for whatever group clusters these names together.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back