Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying Data Horizontally 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mperr01

Programmer
Sep 26, 2005
US
Hi,
Can anyone help me. I have an Actuate report which looks something like:

title
fund 8.0
fund 9.0
fund 10.0

title
fund 8.1
fund 9.1
fund 10.1

I need to make the data display horizontally instead of vertically. Anyone know how to do this. I want the outcome to look like:

title title
fund 8.0 fund 8.1
fund 9.0 fund 9.1
fund 10.0 fund 10.1

The title is currently coming from one datasource, the funds are another datasource and the actual amount are yet another datasource. All I want is, as the values are determined when I get to the next fund, then start back at the top of the page until the end of the page on the right and then start again on the next line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
mperr01`

You could try putting each in its own flow, or use parallel flows, or in the SQL make a calculated field for each fund, ie ValFund1, variant, case table.fund = "fundname" then value datafield end or something along those lines

Already tried the paralle flows but that did not work. Problem is that I have one data row which depends on 2 more after it and all need to repeat across the page. I would think that there would have to be some easy way to do this but so far no luck; you would think that you could just create a new frame and put it next to the previous frame but I guess Actuate does not have that capability yet that I know of.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
mperr01

Try a multiple input adapter (with a datastream and data row for each field source all joined as one row)

Can you not make a SQL that joins all the tables, to create a non-normalized row, and display what you need across the page?

Step1: Create a variable as AcMemoryBuffer(global on root)
Do the following in One step before the final report section....
Step2: declare a datarow as final report section's(where you are displaying titles and funds) row.
Step3: After fetching data from the two different data sources assign them to final datarow you've declared.
Step4: Use memory buffer's "AddRowToBuffer"(if you want, you can sort them too... with "SortpairArray()").
Step5: Use it in the final report section as a source and fetch from it. Everything you need will be in one data row.(As two differenet fields)

It works...

- Suresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back