Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying Current Time while at a Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickD

Programmer
Feb 25, 2003
US
Hi All,

I am writing a TimeClock application in Clipper 5.2e, and I need to display the current time while the system is at a READ.

The Funcky function: TimeOut() accomplishes this, and I own Funcky, but I no longer have the needed 'serial nbr' to install Funcky. Plus I'd rather not use Funcky if it is just for one function.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

PatrickD

I have used 2 functions from the old GRUMPFISH library.
Lief (the author) has left the functions in public domain
if you can find them
functions are:

GFONTICK() Sets the Time Interval you require (eg seconds)
GFCLOCK() Display the time on screen

I have them, have used them and they are reliable.

Hope this helps,
Jim

Thanks for this info. I own the grumpfish library, I missed these functions - and I will revisit them.

Since my initial message, I have resolved this on my own, using the objects in the get class. It's not the prettiest code but it works exactly to my spec's.

thx for this info -- Patrick

Clipper Tools as a showtime() function that works well. Ian Boys
DTE Systems Ltd

you can write you own with a seperate inkey funtion like
myinkey() to extract the key, then modify your getsys to call your new funtion myinkey(), then in your myinkey() you call inkey(1), every second but within the loop you call your clock function.

example:

function myinkey( timeout )
local key := 0, timer := 0
while key = 0
timer++
key := inkey(1)
if key = 0 .and. timer > timeout
exit
endif
clock()
enddo
return( key )

function clock()
@0,70 say time() color "W+/b"
return( nil )

the reason for a different funtion on the clock is that it will give you more flexability later to modify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back