Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying current day data and last 5 business days running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkeyboy126

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I've looked through the forums and haven't found anything to help, so I hope this hasn't been answered already somewhere else.

CRX accessing SQL DB (Service Desk call logging tool)

I am looking to display simple call data on a single line, such as call ref number, users name, date call logged, summary etc) which is summarised into a COUNT on one of the fileds to show number of records matching the current date. For example 50 call logged on the currentdate. However where I'm getting stuck is I want to used this summarised data to display the last five business days worth of data as well (inclusive).

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Many thanks

Paul

Please show a sample of what you want the results to look like.

-LB

Hi,

The call detail would look like this but it is group as per example below:

Call ref Date Closed User Name Summary
XL908 18/07/08 JJones Cannot print to PRN1

Detail is then grouped into the date closed field and a count is undertaken on the number of Call Ref's field to display next to the date (showing the number of calls closed on that date).

Obviously I can group on the date and get my results but I only want to report on and display the last X business days from CurrentDate

Group Name Calls Closed
(Summarized group)

21/07/08 60
18/07/08 70
17/07/08 63
16/07/08 91
15/07/08 50
14/07/08 66

I think you could use a record selection formula like:

{table.date} in currentdate-9 to currentdate

...which would allow for one weekend and one holiday. Then use Ken Hamady's formula for subtracting business dates:

...to come up with a formula to suppress the group section which might still include a few days you don't want to include.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back