Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying copied contents verbosely....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross1811

MIS
Oct 1, 2004
US
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a way to display files copied such as dos does verbosely in vbscript?

Thanks,
Ross

Something like this ?
Dim SA, dest
Set SA=CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set dest=SA.NameSpace("\path\to\destdir")
dest.CopyHere "\path\to\sourcedir",16

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

How is this verbosely? I do not see the files being copied in any window?

thanks,
Ross

What is the code that you currently use for copying?

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

This is my code, just simple copy command but I want to see the files also being copied when copied across the network.

Ross

Code:
Dim FSO
Dim WshShell

Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

FSO.CopyFolder "C:\Backup\Share", "\\Computernamne\share\"

Set FSO = nothing
Set WshShell = nothing

Wscript.Quit

Have you tried this ?
Dim SA, dest
Set SA = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set dest = SA.NameSpace("\\Computernamne\share")
dest.CopyHere "C:\Backup\Share", 16

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

With the .CopyFolder method, then you will not be able to see the file being copied. If you want to see that you will need to use the .CopyFile method on each file and display the file name as you copy each one.

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back