Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying blob fields in crystal : problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascalv

Programmer
Sep 15, 2000
FR
I'm database ORACLE 7.3.4 on a server with a table which has a fields (type LON RAW). My report (CR 7) use ADO and when i want to display the image, nothing appears. I try with bitmap, gif, jpeg, tif formats, it's the same problem. I recorded my image with vb6 and i can load picture in picturebox object. I saw in this forum that cr is not compatible with all formats (thread 149-18866 post in Jul 14, 2000 by b2nettools) and he said that the format in the header graphic (for example JPEG) was not really that we believe. how can i resolve my problem or convert my graphic files to JPEGs

Thanks

I to need help on same problem.But I am using cr 8.5.If anyone Knows pls. help us
Thanks in advance From:
Apoorva Gala
You can mail me at apoo1972@rediffmail.com

There's problem with the ODBC DLL supplied with CR 8 and, concomitantly with the Oracle Native ODBC driver... they have a problem in bringing ion LOBs...

You might want to look at the Crystal Decisions site and check downloads for ORACLE. There's a CR Merant ODBC driver which does work well when coupled with the CR updated P2SODBC.DLL (vers 8.5.0.66). Not had the opportunity to test this with binary data (images), but it solved a truncation problem with bring in memotext.... ECS DataSystems, Inc.
A Crystal Partner

I had the same problem, the solution occurred to me after reading another post from someone who got it to work with BMPs but could not with JPGs or GIFs.

Since I was storing image data only from JPG files (which are smaller), I tried storing binary data from BMPs instead and it worked. For confirmation, I tried storing some BMPs and some JPGs and Crystal Reports only displayed the BMPs.

I have only tested this using an ODBC connection to SQL Server 7 (it should work with other ODBC sources)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back