Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying all users for checked out file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rehcse

Programmer
Oct 16, 2001
US
I know I can look at the properties of a file to see everyone that has it checked out, but is there any way to see this information from the main GUI display as well? It's a tad annoying to see <user>,... instead of an entire list.

Thanks!

I don't think you can. The main GUI only shows who (if anyone) has the file checked out.

You can do a status report. I believe it is under the edit menu. Anyhow... find the status search area from one of the gui menu's (can also be called from the command line) and you will see a way to set it up to search all projects and their subfolders for all checked out items.

There is also a wildcard search that you can use to search for whatever ya like.

Good Luck!

Brett Keown

Yeah, I know about the status search, but I was hoping for a way from the main GUI. Ah well, just another deficiency in the software.

Wait, you just want a list of users that have the file checked out?

I am running VSS 6.0a, and that is the default out of the box: In the right pane of the GUI, in the &quot;User&quot; column, you should see the name(s) of all users who have the file checked out (you may have to expand the column to see all of them).

Is this what you wanted, or did I miss something?
Lee
lee.meinhardt@smna.com

All I know is that at the right side of the file you could see the last user that was able to check out the file... But if you are asking for an audit trail that will show all historical records of all users checking out the file, I have no idea how to do that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back