Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying Aggregations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjl0

Programmer
Jun 23, 2000
US
Has anyone tried to add, remove, or display aggregations.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am trying to write a VB program to do just that, but when it comes to finding aggregation information, it has been very difficult.&nbsp;&nbsp;My main problem seems to be finding the DSO properties that define the aggregations.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have been able to display the Server, the DB, the Cube, the Partition, but when I get to the Aggregation, it finds all of the dimensions in the cube but I can't distinguish the dimensions from the aggregation fields.&nbsp;&nbsp;There must be a property that does this.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also, I was able to add my own aggregations to the cube, but when I process the cube, it processes it using ROLAP instead of MOLAP which is what we are using.&nbsp;&nbsp;So there must be a field for that as well.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>I have searched books and have found code on everything but this ellusive subject.&nbsp;&nbsp;Can anyone help me with this.<br>Thanks,<br>Tom Luskin<br>Shared Medical Systems<br>Data Warehousing Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back