Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying a Color Picker Dialog Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

duGly

Technical User
Nov 13, 2006
US
I am using VBA in Word 2003. I want to display a dialog box to allow the user to select a color, like the one displayed when you choose More Colors from the Font Color drop-down button from the toolbar. I could not find one among Word's Built-in Dialog Boxes, and VBA's help files failed to live up to their name (i.e. help). Any ideas?

[banghead][red] — Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.[/red]

Hi,
Code:
    Dialogs(wdDialogFormatFont).Show
seems to be the ONLY built-in for format font.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Thanks, Skip. You have replied to many of my posts in the past and I always appreciate your help.

I'm actually looking for something more generic, though. I'm not trying to change the font, but select a color. I want to use this for table background colors, textboxes, etc., so it needs to be generic.

Any other ideas, anyone?

[banghead][red] — Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.[/red]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back