Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

display to which cellphone call goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond30

Technical User
Oct 15, 2004
NL
All,
I have a request , which in my opinon is almost impossible:
Management wants to see in for example, real time display in Symposium, to which cell phone a call goes when our Helpdesk-Symposium-script is called.

our Personell logs in to the skillset of this script.
if all personell logs out, calls are forwarded to a designated cellphone.
Is it possible to display to which cell phone it goes?
i tried some real time display options but in my opinion its impossible(maybe with the CC6-developers toolkit..)

many thanks

How are you transferring the call to cell phones? Some customers transfer calls to the voice mail system when the skillset is closed. The voice mail system then picks the cell phone based on the criteria programmed into the voice mail system.

If you route the call to a different CDN/Application for each cell phone, you can then run the application display and reports to collect and display calls routing to the different cell phones.

The downside is that you will have to build the logic into the script (or set up a variable) to chose to which cell phone the call should be routed. If the cell phone is chosen by time, you can write the logic into the script:

IF DAY OF WEEK = MONDAY..WEDNESDAY AND
TIME OF DAY = cellphone1_hours_gv THEN
ROUTE CALL cellphone1_dn_gv
END IF

If the cell phone is chosen based on a rotating schedule that cannot be written into script logic, then you can set up a variable in the script that is updated manually (this relies on people to update correctly and is prone to error):

WHERE cellphone_choice_gv EQUALS
VALUE 1: ROUTE CALL cellphone1_dn_gv
VALUE 2: ROUTE CALL cellphone2_dn_gv

DEFAULT: cellphonex_dn_gv
END WHERE

Lastly, you may be able to set up the voice mail system to make the choice and route the call to a unique CDN with which you associate a script routing to the appropriate cellphone dn. This would leave the admin on the voice mail system which many people find easier to use.

Every time you route the call to a CDN, the call will hear an additional burst of ring tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back