Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display the data in cross tab report in expected sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

As120379

Programmer
May 31, 2008
CA
Hi I want to generate a cross-tab report in which I want to show only those elements in the columns which user actually want to see and in the required sequence. I am not able to fill the column in the expected sequence. For example user wants to see the following data in the same sequence on the report

CEO
MD
Manager
PL
Supervisor

But in the datasource you might not be sure about the sequence of these elements. I tried using the case condition block but problem remains the same. The other thing that came to my mind is create a dataitem for each element and drag and drop on the report but it would be tideous if the count of elements is substentially very high. Could anyone please provide the better approch to this. Thanks, Ashu

Assign a code of 1,2,3,4,5 to each item and sort the data based on that column that could be hidden. Depends on what software you are using.

CP [cook]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back