Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display the current week of data - Crystal Reports 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deaconskye

Technical User
Aug 2, 2018
US
Hi,

Im new to Crystal reports, Im trying to build a more granular chart, in Crystal, off a report that I currently generate and then export to excel.

I have data that runs from the start of this year through today as I refresh the report data every morning to include what we did yesterday.

so the fields I use specifically are the Date and the Quantity fields. Simple straightforward but it tells the entire story.

In excel I can show a table that is monthly, weekly and daily, In crystal the charts aren't exactly pivot charts.

I've managed to generate a chart showing the monthly data and a chart showing the weekly data too, what I'd like to do is have a chart generate showing the last 2 weeks worth of data, From Monday to Friday and have that update at the start of next week. Does that make sense?

I assume you have two date groups by Month and by week. Then placed your charts in week and Month group header?

You could create another group for a two week band. The only way I can think of doing this is to use week number
DatePart ("ww", {table.date})

@TwoWeekBand
If DatePart ("ww", {table.date})<=2 then Band01
else
If DatePart ("ww", {table.date})>2 DatePart ("ww", {table.date})<=4 then Band02
else
If DatePart ("ww", {table.date})>4 DatePart ("ww", {table.date})<=6 then Band03
Repeat for 26 bands
Need to use zero padding to ensure Group sorts correctly
Group on this and place between Month and week Groups

Ian

Status