Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display Task Custom Field in Resource Usage view

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwschiek

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2003
US
Hi:

I am using Project Pro 2003.

I am using Task Custom Field "Number 4" to hold a number that ties the task in the Project Plan back to an internal database. It's working great for our purposes when displayed in the Gantt Chart view, etc.

I would like to also display this field and its data on the Resource Usage view. Project is not allowing me to do this. I try to insert it, but am not given the option.

What am I doing wrong and how can I use this data while entering actual work, etc. in the Resource Usage display?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

You are doing nothing wrong.

The "custom number fields" displayed for tasks are NOT the "custom number fields" displayed for resources.

Thanks for the reply.

I suppose there is some method for this madness, but it would seem to make sense to allow custom fields to be displayed where ever you would like them to be.

BTW, I figured out that I needed to display the Task Usage view in order to accomplish what I needed, including the Custom Number Field that contained the data I needed.

How did you get your custom field data to display under both the task usage and resource usage views?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back