Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

display % sign in the output 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyotika123

Programmer
Mar 1, 2010
US
Hi,

I have an inserted cross tab summarized on the number field. I want to display the summary field value with a % sign at the end. I tried using the concatenate operator but that returns strings only. Thanks in advance!!

right click on the crosstab, select cross-tab expert, select your summarized field, click change summary, under options there should be a checkbox for "Show as a percentage of" and you can choose row or column, and it will put the % after the #.

In CRXI, I'd use the Crosstab Expert then highlight the group field (under "Rows") and click on Group options. Next select the Options TAB, select Use Group Formula as Group name then enter:

totext ({table.numer}) + "%"

Your sort order could now be disrupted (you've converted a number into text to display a % sign. If so, then still in the Crosstab Expert, Common TAB, select Use Formula As Group Soft Order then enter:

crAscendingOrder

That should give you what you are looking for.

Sorry, I've just re-read your initial post and fisheromacse's reply - he was completely correct ... please ignore my response - sorry.

Just click on the "%" character in the toolbar.

-LB

lbass, interesting, i had never noticed that in my toolbar before.
You probably already know this, but for the rest of us...
What the toolbar % button does is a real timesaver.
It enables the 'currency symbol' in the Object's Format Editor, sets it to 'Floating' and replaced the '$' with the '%'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back