Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

display settings changed and caused problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dausa67

Technical User
Oct 1, 2008
US
Happy Thanksgiving to all,
I was messing with the display settings on a pc which would only use 16 bit color and 640 x 480. Everything on my screen was huge. Not sure what I did but now there is nothing on my display at all. Is there a way that I can reverse this through the bios or anyother way?

Thanks for any quick responses.

Clay
"Without ambition, one starts nothing. Without work and determination, one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it."[/b]

Have you tried booting into safe mode and doing a system restore to before you started messing with the settings?

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.

install an updated GRAPHICS driver, and all should be reset to the correct resolution...

and that what CMeagan suggested, I agree and should be looked into... as it would set the state of the machine to a date prior to when the problems occurred...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back