Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hojoho

Technical User
Mar 8, 2003
US
I was playing around with my settings in control panel -> display and in the settings tab. I was playing around with dual monitor settings trying to get my video out on my video card to output to the television. Anyway, i played with the resolution then clicked on the number 2 in the size output screen and clicked the checkbox that said output to this monitor. Bad mistake because my screen displays all sorts of colors but it is not even displaying windows. In other words, I can't see anything to be able to change the settings back. I am using xp corporate and have it networked with my win 2000 advanced server machine and i can see everything on the xp machine from my 2000 machine. I need to know if there is a way to change the settings from the 2000 machine. I really do not want to reinstall over something as simple as this mistake.
Thanks

re-boot into safe mode, and change the settings there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back