Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display picture retrieve from a database

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmalubay

Programmer
Jun 9, 2009
CA
I have an item table which stores the item picture as a blob. I need to create a datawindow report that will display the picture per Item. Not sure how this can be done in PB. Please help.

Look at PowerBuilder/SQL statement SELECTBLOB to get from the database to a local blob.

Look at FileOpen() and FileWriteEx() to get the blob into a local file.

Look at the PictureControl object to display the object.

I've never actually used a datawindow picture control, and tried anything dynamic with that. Would it be possible to retrieve the image locally, and refresh the picturecontrol based on what's selected in your datawindow?

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Problem with picture control is I can only display one record at a time. My report should display a list of items with the picture beside it so it should sort of be in the detail band of my datawindow. The list of items also varies on the catalogue selected.

e.g. Report should display

item_code item_description picture
1 pants
2 blouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back