Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display phone's port number 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

outjet

MIS
Aug 5, 2004
US
Is there a way to discover what port a certain phone is on? Methods we use are dialing the attendant, or TTIing the phone in, and looking up the port number of the associated extension.

I searched and found a helpful post about creating announcements that would read back the extension number, but didn't see anything for port numbers. Thank you.

There is a feature called Self Station Display Activation. This will display the station number and the port number if you have a high enough release on the switch. I can't remember for sure which release it started showing the port on though. We have 1.3 here and it works great. You can assign a feature access code for this by doing a change feature-access-codes and going to page 3. Then just assign a code to it. All you have to do is pick up the phone and dial the code.

Let me know if this helps,

Josh

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt that only display the ext?

It only used to display the ext, but now on later releases it displays the port also.

Let me know if this helps,

Josh

Finally got to test this - works GREAT! Thank you!

This is great information! I tried to enable it on our system and got the following.

"Self Station Display feature not enabled

i think its under 'cha sys cust' or cha sys fea' where you enable it, then you have to change/input the feature access code for it under 'cha feat'.

Yep! That was it! Thank you very much!

FEATURE-RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS
Self Station Display Enabled? y

I have tried this on my V11 and it only display's the extension number. Is this something that I am not going to be abel to do with the load I am running?

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

The next one will be the S8700's. I am fighting that one as long as I can, so I guess I will have to live without it LOL. Thank you anyway.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back