Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display page vs the layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnDT

Technical User
May 1, 2006
US
Good Morning People

I am trying to re-write some pages. I currently have a Insert, edit and delete on same page in different layers. I have decided to make them all seperate pages but have them to feed through an Iframe. My problem is I have a statement that show different layers if the recordset is empty. I want to change this where it will display my Insert page instead of the insert layer. I do not know what the proper or where to place the code. You will notice that I took out the insert layer show. I just do not know where to put or the code to reference the insert page. Please advise.

<body onload=javascript:<%If Recordset1.EOF and Recordset1.BOF then%>MM_showHideLayers('laySelect','','hide','layUpdate','','hide')<%else%>;MM_showHideLayers('laySelect','','show','layUpdate','','hide','layInsert','','hide')<%end if%>;MM_preloadImages('Templates/RecordNavBar/first_sunken.gif','Templates/RecordNavBar/last_sunken.gif','Templates/RecordNavBar/previous_sunken.gif','Templates/RecordNavBar/next_sunken.gif')>
<div id="laySelect" style="position:absolute; left:25px; top:25px; width:509px; height:340px; z-index:3; visibility: visible;">

hi ShawnDT,
1st of...avoid using any form of frames especially when dealing with dynamic pages are thye are pain. Look/consider using SSI.....but anyhow, it is what it is and your know your design the best.
So,
show/hide behavior has nothing to do with 'what page is shown' that simply will depend on you link or button...
You should focus on how to figure out which page to load in iframe. Again, these are 2 independent pages so all of RecordSet will have to be defined in the target page(the framed one)
Hence....this is why SSI is cleaner process from server side while in DW is a bit tricker because you loose some of the WSIWYG.
Hope this leads to ideas...
All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back