Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

display outgoing number

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekphone

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2003
US
I have a merlin magix and was wondering is there a place where you need to configured so that when u dial out you show the name of your business and phone. I do not have a pri circuit and I know for a fact that you dont need one for that.

What kind of trunks (t1 or copper)? You have NO control over what name is sent. If your lines are not flagged as 'private' by your telco, telco sends (usually) the main billing number as the Calling Party Number. If the far-end is capable of displaying CallerID, then the far-end telco does a database lookup to retrieve the 'name' that is programmed against that Calling Party Number by your telco. If the far-end telco does not want to pay to look up the name (or is not able to), then 'unknown name' or 'state name' will show up, along with the 'number'.

No PRI - no outbound number display control.

Pepperz@charter.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back