Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DISPLAY OF THE FIELDS IN A FORM

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavanlaf

Programmer
Feb 15, 2001
US
Hi.

I have a table. in which SSN is the primary key. And, I would like to create a form in which by just entering the SSN, it should display some of the fields in the table. Is it possible without using VB? Could anybody suggest me the
way?

Thanks

The best and easiest way to find records is to use the Combobox Wizard. Create your form(or use an existing one) that has the underlying recordset you want. In the header or footer place an unbound combobox(just click on the combobox control without selecting a field). This should start the combobox wizard(provided you've got the wizard button pressed on the toolbar). The wizard should then give you three choices as to the type of combobox you want. the last choice should be ...find a record... Select this choice and following the instructions.

Hello Jerry!

Thanks for replying me. I just tried it. SSN is the primary key in my table and there are as many as 500 of them. So I guess combo box wont help me in this matter.

Pavan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back