Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display of Appointments in a Shared Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillStanley

Programmer
Mar 1, 2004
GB
Hi,

Is it possible to display an appointment on a shared calendar prior to the user viewing the invite.

The scenario is that there are field sales people who have appointments booked for them by telesales staff.

The appointment is sent to their outlook calendar but does not appear in the calendar until the field sales person has logged into their outlook and clicked on the invite in their in box.

Thus there is a period of time when the field sales person could be double booked as the telesales people who have permission to share the field sales calendar will not see the initial appointment.

The client has Office 2003, Exchange 2003 and Sharepoint version that came with SBS2003.

Any solutions to my predicament will be warmly appreciated.

Cheers,
Will

You could ask all recipients to set an automatic preference of tentatively accept all meeting invites
This way at least the meeting will be shown in a calendar (I think! It's been that long since I dealt with shared calendars for call centre and field sales but I am 99% this was our solution)

Please remember that with all my answers there most likely is a better way to achieve your results but I prefer the quick, simple and down right dirty approach!!

Regards, Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back