Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display msg

Status
Not open for further replies.

faqeel

Technical User
Mar 15, 2013
AE
Has any one used Display msg feature?

i would try it tomorrow morning but my requirement is that if a press a programmed button, it can be display msg or any other , it should display/alert the operator that assistance/help is required in meeting room

any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

The only way I could get it to work in R9.0.2 is to create it as a short code and have the button dial the short code. As a button, Manager kept removing the " at the beginning and end of the msg, causing the button not to work on 95XX phones. It worked on 56XX with out the ". Be sure to check the Help file for the list of supported phones.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)'Version Dependent'

Hi budbyrd,

Thanks for the reply. As per help file 96xx phones are not supported, do you think we cannot use anyother feature? ?
Or anyway to display the message using vmpro??

Thanks

The 95XX isn't supported either..... that's where the dial/shortcode button does work on the 85XX and I would think it would work on 96XX. Built a short code to do the msg (example *85*N#/Dsply Msg/ N";Help in Conference Room") and made a button Dial/*85*200#
Worked like a charm.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back