Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display / Monitor issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrblonde

Technical User
Mar 16, 2001
US
Hi,

I've got a Windows ME machine that is giving a bad picture to any monitor I connect it too. Every object on the screen has a bright shadow dragging roughly an inch to the right. For example if you had a coffee cup and shinded a light at it, the shadow would be long behind it. (only this shadow is very bright.)

I'm not sure where to start...

Mr. Blonde

rightanywhere on the desktop and select
customize, select backgound change it to 16 bit true color.

Mrfixit, thanks for the reply. I just tried shifting to all available color modes and the problem remains. I've got the lastest driver for the monitor installed. Could it be a problem with the video adapter?

Yes, I would think that would be the next thing to check after updating the drive. Have you loaded anything new?

I'm not actually sure how to find out what video adapter is on there.

Go to the Control panel. Click on Display, Settings, Advanced, and Adapter. You will also see your refresh rate. Try changing it to Adapter default. That might help.

zed

Yeah that didn't work either... thanks for all the help. I'm just going to install W2K on it. If I get the same problem I'll junk the video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back