Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display messageDlg box in front

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindy13732

Technical User
Jun 9, 2011
US
Borland 6

I have a test that takes a while to run, and have created a MessageDlg to be generated when it is completed.

MessageDlg("Execution Time: " + s, mtInformation, TMsgDlgButtons() << mbOK, 0);

However, since I am doing other work while it is running, there are windows open on top of the application form. The MessageDlg always open behind my user windows, and I don't see it unless I go looking for it.

Is there a way to make a MessageDlg box always open at the front of the pc display window? Or is there a better way to do this?

If another program has focus, then I don't think the current implementation of MessageDlg will work the way you want it to.

You could create your own message dialog. I've seen code for some that will create a box in the task bar that changes colors. I would have to hunt around for it if I still have it.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

I would appreciate any help if you can find the code.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back