Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

display interest formula as a percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericb1

Programmer
Oct 22, 2004
US
I'm using CR10, and I calculate an interest formula like this:

({@days} * (({?Claim Reserve Percentage} / 100) / 365))

Taking the "number of days" times a percent that I prompt the user for (then divide by 100 so they can enter 3.5 instead of 0.035) then divide by 365 days a year.

This works fine, I've confirmed all other calculations are correct, and I have several other formulas based off of this calculation.

The problem is when I put it on my report, it displays as "0.12%" using the % format button, but I really want it to display as "12.00%". But any changes to the formula messes up my other calculations.

So I have to create another formula called "interest for display" and then take the original formula and multiply it by 100 to get the 12.00%. This is fine, but it just seems like I'm doing something wrong, should I have to create 2 formulas? One to do the math, the other to display correctly?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Try this:

({@days}*{?Claim Reserve Percentage}/100)%365

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Unfortunately, that alters the other calculations based on this percent. But fortunately, the receipient of the report actually wanted to see the percentages in their native for, so no harm done.

Thanks anyway!

For future reference you could use:
({@days} * (({?Claim Reserve Percentage} / 100) / 365))*100

Hey! That seems to work (althought I thought I tried it already)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back