Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display information

Status
Not open for further replies.

markies

Technical User
Jan 26, 2004
NL
Hi there,
I would like to suppress the display information on a 5212 IP phone.
I use speedcall **100 to dial a private number.
If someone dial **100 they can see the actual number.
is the a way to avoid this.
I don't mind using an other way to solve this. I don't want them to see the actual number in the display for security reasons.
Thank you.

I think you'd have to set up a special ARS route. That route then absorbs the **100 and then inserts the actual number. That way only the **100 will show.
Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to set up. It would be a pain if you had to do more.

Ralph

I have to set up about 400 on this site.
I have a total of 70 sites. they are not connected yet, but in the near future they will be connected.

System type and software level would be nice.

Assuming 3300 based on the scope mentioned.

Does each of the 400 terminate to a different external number?

Based on the scope, are we allowed to entertain the idea of using the Mobile Extension application?

Give us more information on the call flow such as Internal callers, external callers, ringing sets (or not), etc.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

The system type is 3300 and the software version is 8.0.9.20.
all of the 400 numbers terminate to a different external number. A cellphone number or a private number at their house.
the purpose is to dial a number (speedcall or whatever) wich translate to the private number without revealing the private number.
we are currently using mobile extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back