Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display image and use link from database

Status
Not open for further replies.

primagic

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2008
GB
I am creating a website for a charity organisation and they have profiles of students that can get sponsored by people.

I have created the buttons in paypal that allows for people to donate/sponsor which gives me a URL that I would include on the webpage for people to click to sponsor.

I want to store that link in a database and pull through the information regarding the student and the paypal link. But instead of the URL I want to display a 'Sponsor now' image with the URL as a hyperlink.

Can this be done?

Do I use gridview or datalist?

Thanks

can it be done: yes, look into the image button/link or wrapping an image with a hyper linke

gridview or datalist: these controls are desgined for a collection of data. so you may have a list of students/links you want to display these controls may be useful. gridview displays tabular data. datalist allows any layout you want to provide. But these controls are not directly involved with creating a link.

Jason Meckley
Senior Programmer

faq855-7190
faq732-7259
My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back