Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display field value as column layout "Across, then Down"

Status
Not open for further replies.

varadha72

Programmer
Oct 14, 2010
US
Hi,
Can someone guide me here please. I have two DB fields (SQL Server Query) :
Title......Name
Manager....John
Pricer.....Smith
Support....Mary
IT.........Alex

Now I need this to appear in my report as below, I mean as in 2 columns without headers.
I tried setting this by going to:
page setup-->Column-->GRID settings,
Where I set No of columns=2, column size=3" and column layout='Across, then Down'.
But this does not seem to work.

Report Display (in 2 columns):
Manager: John .................Pricer: Smith
Support: Mary..................IT: Alex

I mean although I select Column Layout as 'Across, then Down, yet the report appears to show them as stacked data.

Can you answer my question here please "Are you displaying the report in print preview?"

By "stacked data" do you mean a single column rather than 2 columns? What is the width of the report?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

I think the problem is happening because you don't have enough data to fill the page. If you had enough data to fill the page, it would then start putting the data into 2 columns.

Dhookom- Yes I stacked means one column.

Zelgar- If your answer is probably I dont have enough data. Then please tell me what should I do, when I have only 4 rows of data and how could I control the limit to display in each column such that first column shows 2 and second column 2.

Dhookom,

The width of my report is 8".
I right click on the report and select "OPEN".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back