Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display Daylight Savings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronster

Technical User
Apr 18, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have recently upgraded to V9.5 and have just used the Daylight Savings table for the first time. It all worked fine except the displays on the 6408D+ phones which are still showing 1 hour behind.

I looked up the Avaya website which said I should have "Update Display phones with Time" (or something) on systems features page 7 set to Y. When I checked this was already set to Y.

I have removed a station and set it up again.
I have manually changed the time again.
I have tried the refresh stations feature access code...
None of these have worked.

HELP s-)

Did you check if your location has an offset to the normal time in display location?

display locations
LOCATIONS

ARS Prefix 1 Required For 10-Digit NANP Calls? y

Number Name Timezone Daylight-Savings Number Plan
Offset Rule Area Code
1 Main + 00:00 1

Hope this helps....

John

Thanks John,

This was indeed the problem.
Now I can sit back and wait to see how long it takes our maintenance company Exchange (UK) to come up with the solution! [hourglass]

Cheers,

Ronnie

I had some trouble with daylight savings myself in a customers Definity. I could not activate daylight-savings. I programmed the "rule", chose the rule in the "set-time" form and set it to "daylight-savings" but when I tried to save it said: "Please verify time and date, daylight savings in effect" or something like that.

Any Ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let me know if this was of any help-

Maarten,

Just a guess but is it perhaps because you were applying the daylight savings rule whilst it was in effect. So you changed the rule in the set time page and the switch was wanting to confirm if should jump ahead an hour since daylight saving was active?

Did you try changing the rule so it wasn't active, then changing the rule set time uses, then change the dates of the rule to the proper dates.

Just a hunch, let me know if it works.

Cheers,

Ronnie
[pipe]"...if you want to buy maruanja, press the hash key..."

Ronster,

can the above be done without influencing CMS and CDR etc? I had the same problem... the time was set properly, but we didn't want to wait another 6 months till october to see if it would work...

Greetz,

Actaeon

Sorry Actaeon,

I used Daylight savings for the first time last week as you will see from the original post.
If you change the time during a reporting period it will affect CMS etc. This is always best done out of hours which is why the daylight savings rules are much better than dialling in after you come home from the pub.

As for October, I'm as much in the dark as you!
[bigglasses]

Ronnie

Maarten,

The 'rule' should always say 'standard'. Then at the 'Daylight savings rule' you have to fill in the rule number you want to use (usally 1). Then you have to do a 'change daylight-savings-rules'. Here you can fill in the time that daylight savings should start and stop.

This is what it looks like in our switch:

display time Page 1 of 1
DATE AND TIME
DATE
Day of the Week: Friday Month: April
Day of the Month: 5 Year: 2002
TIME
Hour: 13 Minute: 37 Second: 18 Type: Standard
Daylight Savings Rule: 0

display daylight-savings-rules Page 1 of 2
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS RULES
Rule Change Day Month Date Time Increment
0: No Daylight Savings
1: Start: first Sunday on or after April 1 at 02:00 01:00
Stop: first Sunday on or after October 25 at 02:00
2: Start: first on or after at : :
Stop: first on or after at :

Actaeon,

When you change the time it will efect the data in cms and cdr, because the switch will send date and time along. So I would recommend not do change it, just to test.

If you implement it like I stated above, it will work.
Also look at you location properties, that should be like John stated earlyer.

Hope this helps,

Michel.

Sorry, I made a mistake. The Time field should look like this:

DATE AND TIME
DATE
Day of the Week: Friday Month: April
Day of the Month: 5 Year: 2002
TIME
Hour: 13 Minute: 37 Second: 18 Type: Standard
Daylight Savings Rule: 1

I had the same confusion last week as well. Indeed, you have to use 'standard' and choose the rule you wish to use. Also check the location. I never really figured out what the 'daylight savings' type was for. Just to finish this off, using standard, and your rule will work. If you do a disp time after the rule takes effect, you will see that the switch has automatically changed the type to 'dayligt saving' - so I guess this is what that is for. I do agree that it is a bit confusing...

Thanks all...
But actually, in the Netherlands the Daylight saving time dates are different... I think it's always the first Sunday on or after 25th of March.

Thank Anyway! Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let fellow members know if their post was of any help-

You are right Maarten, my mistake.
It is the first Sunday on or after 25th of March and the first sunday on ar after October 25th.

Michel.

Just thought some of you might want to read this one as it's almost that time again!

Ronster

Ronster,

I'm trying to set-up daylight savings for my definity G3R v11. Does this set-up look correct for the clocks to go forward by 1 hour on 30-3-03:

display daylight-savings rules Page 1 of 2
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS RULES
Rule Change Day Month Date Time Increment
0: No Daylight Savings
1: Start: first Sunday on or after March 30 at 02:00 01:00
Stop: first Sunday on or after October 25 at 02:00

Thanks,

coolk

If you change it to "first Sunday on or after March 25" it should work every year.
Also, do Display Time to check your switch is using the correct rule and type:

DATE AND TIME

DATE

Day of the Week: Tuesday Month: March
Day of the Month: 25 Year: 2003

TIME

Hour: 13 Minute: 54 Second: 4 Type: Standard

Daylight Savings Rule: 1

Ronster

Another question Ronster, What is the meaning behind "Stop" on the daylight savings page. If I want the time to back 1 hours on Oct 26 do I set it up as below

1: Start: first Sunday on or after March 30 at 02:00 01:00
Stop: first Sunday on or after October 26 at 02:00

In your rule 1 you have:
Code:
Start: first Sunday     on or after March     30   at 02:00   01:00
Stop: first Sunday     on or after October   26  at 02:00

If you do display time now the TYPE will show as STANDARD.
If you do it between March 30 and October 26 the TYPE will show as DAYLIGHT SAVINGS.
In other words, Daylight Savings starts on Mar 30 and stops on Oct 26.

However, the reason you have "first Sunday on or after" is so that you can programme this to work every year. If you are in the UK it is:
Start First Sunday on or after March 25 at 2am
Stop First Sunday on or after October 25 at 2am

For the rest of the world check:

Ronster

I'm not sure if this will help or not. I'm using Definity Site Administrator, there is an time sync option that I use. I sync the switch with my PC (which runs 24 X 7), my PC is in sync with the atomic clock. I have it sync every 12 hours.

I had the problem with everyone's phones not updating, plus everyone was using the time on the clock to go by when clocking in and out. There was always a differance, but this took care of the problem. It's less work when the time changes, it takes care of it all now.

Heh. I had that time synch set up as well. The only difference is our servers synched the time and upon login the PC gets the updated time. Left for vacation, my backup left my PC running all week with ASA on, Sunday came, my PC lost time and was 20 min behind. Got the page this morning. What is wrong with the phone system????!!!
I was planning on running an application to synch up to the atomic clock prior to vacation but hadn't had a chance to yet--guess what's now a priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back